With the right single product gallery plugin, you can enhance the visual appearance of your online store and make your product pages look pleasant and appealing. It’s also a great way to help customers make an informed buying decision.
If you sell products that need multiple images to best showcase them such as t-shirts (you want to show the front and back), shoes (different angles), and computer mice (you want to show the top view and side views), you need a good single product gallery plugin to help you display WooCommerce product galleries on the single product page in a user-friendly way. This way, you’ll be able to make your products look more attractive.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best WooCommerce single product gallery plugins and highlight the standout features on offer with each tool to help you find the right one for your eCommerce store.
Single Product Gallery Plugins for WooCommerce
A single product gallery plugin is important for WooCommerce stores that have a lot of media (images and videos) for products.
When you upload product image galleries on WooCommerce, it displays your images using ‘FlexSlider JS’ by default. This is perfectly fine (in fact, it’s recommended) for stores that have one or two product shots.
However, FlexSlider JS isn’t the best tool for displaying a product gallery that contains five or more images. This is because it occasionally runs into various issues and isn’t flexible in terms of adjusting image height. In addition to this, when a customer opens a product page on your site, FlexSlider JS waits until all of the content is loaded before displaying photos. This is bad for Google PageSpeed scores, especially Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS).
There are plenty of other issues with WooCommerce FlexSlider JS that negatively impact the user experience.
On the other hand, if you display your products using a single product gallery plugin that’s optimized for WooCommerce, they’ll be presented in a way that is easy for your customers to browse through.
Moreover, single product gallery plugins won’t affect PageSpeed scores negatively. It’s the easiest way to showcase WooCommerce products in a user-friendly and responsive layout.
Features to Look for in a Single Product Gallery Plugin
Here are the key features you should look for when choosing a single product gallery plugin for WooCommerce:
- Image carousel: It should let you showcase products in a rotating gallery or slideshow so customers can clearly view the different gallery photos of your products from the single product page. Some product gallery plugins even loop back to the first photo when the customer reaches the end of the gallery aka infinite loop.
- Navigation: Does the plugin make navigation options clear? Will it display previous and next arrows, bullets, or something different?
- Support for video: Your single product gallery plugin should allow you to self-host product videos or host them on other sites like YouTube and Vimeo. In addition to this, it should make it easy to view product videos on the front-end.
- Lightbox: It should support lightbox viewing so customers can quickly view a larger version of the images in your product gallery without having to wait for a page refresh.
Now that you know what to look for in a single product gallery plugin, let’s go over our handpicked selection of WooCommerce plugins to help you find the one that best fits your needs.
6 Best Single Product Gallery Plugins for WooCommerce
Here, we’ll run the rule over some of the best single product gallery plugins for WooCommerce that can help you showcase your display products on your online store.
Developed by IconicWP, WooThumbs is a handy WooCommerce image gallery plugin that helps you easily customize your product image gallery. This plugin offers a range of flexible customization options so you can easily create and modify photo and video galleries.
- Using WooThumbs, you can tweak the image gallery layout, enable sliding thumbnails, and allow users to view your products with multiple zoom options.
- WooThumbs enables you to embed videos directly into the product gallery. You can choose to self-host MP4 videos or play them from YouTube and Vimeo.
- You can add any number of images to your product variations and display only relevant product images for the selected variation.
- The plugin is easy to use and doesn’t affect the performance of your website.
- WooThumbs comes mobile-ready and offers pinch-and-zoom capabilities.
How to set up WooThumbs
Once you have the WooThumbs plugin installed and activated on your WordPress website, the WooThumbs-powered single product gallery will automatically be enabled for all of your products.
If you head over to the Product data section, you’ll notice a WooThumbs tab. From here, you can choose to:
- Disable WooThumbs for the product.
- Enter a video URL.
- Maintain slide index (useful for selling product variations with multiple images)
- Maintain gallery (if you want to use the product gallery for your variations)
Your single product gallery page will look something like this on the front-end:
And here’s what a product gallery image looks like in fullscreen mode:
In addition to this, WooThumbs lets you customize the single product gallery plugin. For this, you’ll need to head over to WooCommerce > WooThumbs from the WordPress admin panel. From here, you can modify the display, carousel, media, navigation, zoom, fullscreen, and responsive settings.
Price: Premium License costs $79 per year.
WooSwipe is a product gallery plugin for WooCommerce that lets you showcase your products on your online store.
- It is mobile friendly and fully responsive.
- WooSwipe supports full image size and gives you two color options.
- Out of the box, WooSwipe comes optimized with WooCommerce gallery settings.
- Customers will be able to browse through your product gallery using keyboard controls. This makes navigation more accessible.
- WooSwipe also offers reliable support and gives you access to a community forum where experts help you troubleshoot issues.
How to set up WooSwipe
After activating WooSwipe on your WooCommerce store, the plugin will automatically be enabled for your products.
The configuration settings on offer with the WooSwipe plugin are pretty bare bones. You can head over to WooCommerce > WooSwipe from the WordPress dashboard to enable Use white theme? and Add Pinterest link? Settings.
Advanced WooCommerce Product Gallery Slider is a WooCommerce single photo gallery plugin that enables you to quickly transform your WooCommerce product page gallery into a fully responsive carousel slider.
- You can easily configure its admin settings and slider autoplay options.
- This plugin offers two different gallery layout options namely horizontal and vertical slider.
- It is simple to use, lightweight and has a responsive layout.
- Advanced WooCommerce Product Gallery Slider supports both simple and variable WooCommerce products.
- Other useful features include an attractive lightbox effect, touch and swipe options, and color customization options for slider arrows.
How to set up Advanced WooCommerce Product Gallery Slider
Once you’ve installed and activated the Advanced WooCommerce Product Gallery Slider plugin, you’ll notice a new menu item is added to the menu called WPGIS Settings. From here, you can change the slider’s layout, navigation arrow color, enable lightbox, enable zoom, and configure some other basic settings.
Here’s what it will look like on the front-end:
The navigation arrows appear when you hover over the main image. You can choose to enable an infinite loop so that the gallery starts over again when the customer reaches the end.
This WooCommerce product gallery plugin is an excellent tool for showcasing your products on your online store. It’s easy to install and quickly turns your product photos into a visually appealing eCommerce gallery.
- It is mobile friendly and has a responsive layout.
- You’ll be able to display variation images per product variation, change the video button background, and customize the icon’s background.
- You can enable the Lightbox setting and choose from three different transitions between images in Lightbox.
- This plugin works seamlessly with most premium themes including Shoptimizer.
- Other notable features include image hover to zoom, infinite loop, show and hide display dots, and slider autoplay options.
How to set up TP WooCommerce Product Gallery
Head over to TP WooCommerce Product Gallery from the WordPress admin panel to configure its settings. You can set basic settings like enabling dot indicators and modifying the animation speed, and choosing arrow colors.
However, some of the settings can only be configured if you purchase the pro version. These include settings like hiding the thumbnail if only one image is available, autoplay, and vertical slide and swipe.
Here’s what your product page will look like on the front-end with TP WooCommerce Product Gallery:
Price: Free and Pro versions available.
Product Gallery Slider for WooCommerce lets you easily present WooCommerce product images in a beautiful way. It gives you access to all the features and functionalities you might need in a product slider.
- It offers a responsive layout so your customers can scroll and navigate through your product pages.
- You can choose between two pre-built gallery layouts: horizontal slider and vertical slider.
- This plugin supports slider autoplay, infinite loop, and lightbox functions.
- It works with most premium themes and supports Elementor and Visual Composer page builder.
How to set up Product Gallery Slider for WooCommerce
Once you activate the Product Gallery Slider for WooCommerce plugin, you’ll automatically be redirected to its settings page under WooCommerce > Gallery Settings. From here, you can choose to display navigation icons, set the icon color, choose how many thumbnails to show, enable autoplay, and configure lightbox options.
Here’s what your single product page will look like using Product Gallery Slider for WooCommerce:
Product Gallery Slider for WooCommerce – Twist enables you to get your customers to notice your products and buy from you. This WooCommerce product image plugin also adds a fully customizable image slider on your single product page.
- It offers arrow key navigation to deliver a user-friendly user experience to your customers.
- This plugin supports Lightbox and works on different website themes.
- You’ll be able to display product videos with the autoplay function. It lets you self-host videos or play from YouTube and Vimeo.
- You can choose from horizontal and vertical gallery layouts.
- Other helpful features include thumbnail navigation and RTL mode.
How to set up Product Gallery Slider for WooCommerce – Twist
The premium version of the Product Gallery Slider for WooCommerce plugin (formerly Twist) lets you configure general, lightbox, zoom, thumbnails, and advanced options. The General Options tab lets you enable slider lazy load which is great for page loading speeds, enable infinite loop, choose the navigation arrow style (from four available options), and much more.
The settings you configure will be applied to all of your WooCommerce products.
Price: Regular license costs $29
By using a single product gallery plugin for WooCommerce, you can improve the user experience your online store delivers and improve page load times. To take things to the next level, we recommend using a WooCommerce-optimized theme like Shoptimizer.
So, which plugin is right for you?
If you’re looking for a premium single product gallery plugin that lets you customize the look and feel of your galleries and deliver excellent speeds, our advice is to go with WooThumbs.
However, if you’re looking for a free single product gallery plugin for your WooCommerce store then you should go with TP WooCommerce Product Gallery. It also has a premium version available that you can upgrade to whenever you’re ready.
Ready to start using a single product gallery plugin on your WooCommerce store? Get the Shoptimizer theme to give it the best look possible while delivering top-notch performance.