Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income podcast is a veritable goldmine of wonderful information about doing business online. Chances are that if you’re in the business of selling anything to anyone online you’ve probably stumbled across the SPI podcast before. Normally the subject matter is a little bit more geared towards Internet Marketing in general but a recent episode is a must listen for budding eCommerce merchants.
Today I’d like to bring your attention to SPI Episode #127 which is an absolutely fantastic episode for anyone involved in eCommerce. The episode tracks the story of Ryan Coisson and Daniel Audunsson who have also launched RyanandDaniel.com (which you should also check it!).
Ryan and Daniel are turning over in excess of $1 million dollars per month selling private label good mainly via Amazon. I had a little chuckle when Ryan and Daniel revealed their revenue numbers to Pat who did a double take to ensure he heard the guys correctly that it was indeed $1 million per month 🙂
While the episode is mainly about how to get started with private labelling on Amazon I think there’s some wonderful tips in here for any eCommerce merchant with regard to the importance of customer service, pricing and the importance of branding online. The episode covers:
- Exactly how Ryan and Daniel are making millions by buying existing products overseas, branding them and selling them online.
- The wide-range of industries that Ryan and Daniel are currently targeting.
- The unique selling proposition and strategy they are using to serve their customers and set them apart from their competitors.
- The importance of packaging and the customer experience beyond the product itself.
- How to get started using this business model.
- The niching and branding strategy you should use going forward.
- The importance of research, and what specific things you need to look at before you begin.
- A step-by-step hypothetical example that I use to start this kind of business.
- How to communicate with manufacturers and wholesalers to ensure quality in your products.
- The packaging and fulfillment process Ryan and Daniel use for this process.
- The common mistakes that people doing e-commerce tend to make.
- Plus a whole lot more!
Seriously folks this episode is not to be missed!