You can see if an update is available by looking at our Shoptimizer changelog page.
Wondering what version you’re currently running? You can check this on your
Appearance > Themes page and clicking on Shoptimizer.
Important! For major releases, update on a separate staging site first. See how to correctly update a WooCommerce store.
The Three Steps
There are 3 important steps you need to follow.
- Update Shoptimizer, either manually or automatically via the instructions below.
- Update CommerceKit. Don’t forget to do this!
- Fully flush all caching plugins you have active.
1a. Updating Manually
- Download the latest version of the theme from your account.
- Install the Easy Theme Updates plugin.
- Upload the latest version via
Appearance > Themes > Add New.
- You can disable the updates plugin afterwards.
Ensure that you’ve cleared your site’s cache after updating.
1b. Updating Automatically
Any orders of Shoptimizer purchased after November 25th 2019 can also update automatically. Updates will be displayed on your WordPress dashboard and you can update to the latest version with one-click.
First log into your Account and click on the My Subscriptions tab.
Scroll down and you’ll see a field where you can Connect your domain.
Make sure you don’t enter the https, http, or www part of your web address. So just enter mystore.com for example if that’s your domain.
It can take up to 12 hours for an update to appear once it has been made available.
Bonus! We also have a comprehensive blog post on updating WooCommerce which is worth looking at closely. It covers the importance of having a staging site in order to test critical updates.