If you want to make changes to things in WooCommerce like the text in your Add to cart buttons and whether you want to display prices or not there are some great plugins available that make this process very simple.
We spend a lot of time working on the innards of WooCommerce. For those with coding chops, WooCommerce is filled with hooks which make it super simple for developers to easily extend and change just about everything to do with WooCommerce. But what if you don’t have any coding skills – what then?
Customizing your WooCommerce catalog with no coding skills
I you’re lucky, you’ll be using a good theme that’s been optimized for WooCommerce and has some built in options for managing elements of WooCommerce. If not, take a look at one of our WooCommerce themes 🙂 But a theme will only do so much. For more granular control over how WooCommerce behaves you will need the help of some great plugins designed to do exactly just that.
Catalog Visibility Options
Catalog Visibility Options is a super plugin available on WooThemes. If you’re already using one of our themes you probably won’t need this plugin but for some reason not everyone is using one of our WooCommerce themes yet 🙂 This plugin includes the following:
- Provides the ability to hide prices, or show prices only to authenticated users.
- Provides the ability to disable e-commerce functionality by disabling the cart.
- Allows configuration of alternate price content, when prices are disabled or shown only to logged in users.
- Allows configuration of alternate add-to-cart content, when e-commerce functionality is disabled or only available to authenticated users.
These are some of the most common WooCommerce requests we get asked on a regular basis so it’s likely that you’ll be needing something like this plugin at some point.
The WooCommerce Customizer is a fantastic plugin brought to you by the WooCommerce wizards over at SkyVerge. The WooCommerce Customizer is a free plugin that provides a settings page to let you change all of the following with any coding skills:
- Add to Cart button text for all product types (within the shop loop and on a single product page)
- The number of products displayed per page
- Heading text for the ‘Product Description’ and ‘Additional Information’ tab.
- Checkout page coupon / login text
- Checkout page ‘Submit Order’ button text
- Tax Label text
WooCommerce Product Details Customizer
Our final recommendation for customizing your WooCommerce product catalog is another free plugin developed by one of the core WooCommerce contributors James Koster. James is an awesome developer who is one of the founding developers of WooCommerce and has an uncanny ability of producing great plugins that nicely compliment the core WooCommerce plugin. The WooCommerce Product Details Customizer includes the ability to:
- Toggle display of product images
- Toggle display of product tabs
- Toggle display of upsells
- Toggle display of related products
- Adjust the number of columns for related/upsell products
Join us again tomorrow for some more great WooCommerce plugin recommendations!